Join The Michael Behm mailing list to get free music.


Michael%20Behm
Quantcast

Free Music


Quantcast

Saturday, October 31, 2009

"Modern Day Tragedy" New sonic high water mark!

"Modern Day Tragedy" New sonic high water mark!
As I was into the last hours of a mix that started last Friday I did not know if this track was crap or not. I finished it last night at midnight I was all alone. I thought about all the many people who have made this track what it has become and was grateful.
The song has come a long way from writing it with Ralph Murphy at my dinner table with an acoustic guitar. To tracking the drums with Randal Stoll and my production team at the Warehouse with my long-time friend and partner Delwyn Brooks, an amazing talent! The song took me back to my studio, recording bass and keyboards with John Dryden and Andrew Lorimer. Finally the string arrangement by Christian Howes was done at Berklee.
We removed, edited and revised the arrangement to stay on point. “It’s all about the little girl”
Delwyn returned to mix the track with me for a few two days sessions.
Here I am sending it to you all I have to say is “I can stand behind it and now own it”
M

1 comment: